Please see the information below concerning Live Instruction After-School Credit Recovery courses being offered at Morgantown High School during April 2021.
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding Live Instruction After-School Credit Recovery classes. We hope the following information will help students earn back missing credits for the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
Q: What is the purpose of Live Instruction After-School Credit Recovery classes?
- These classes provide students the opportunity to relearn important content from Morgantown High School teachers and earn credits for classes they did not pass during the first semester of the 20-21 school year. After successfully attending six hours of after-school sessions and earning at least a 60% on a final exam, students will earn credit for the course and the exam grade will be posted to the student’s transcript. Please note the student’s original grade will also remain on the transcript and will be calculated into the student’s GPA.
Q: What classes will be offered?
- The following classes will be offered depending upon reaching the required minimum student enrollment:
- English 9, English 10, English 11
- Math 1, Math 2, Math 3A
- Earth Science, Biology
- World History, U.S. Studies, Contemporary Studies
Q: When will the classes take place?
- The classes will take place immediately after school in an MHS classroom during the month of April. Each class will consist of a total of six live-instructional hours and one 90-minute testing session.
Q: Will the classes be offered remotely?
- Students will have the opportunity to take the classes in person at Morgantown High School or by logging in as distance learning students. However, students should be aware that the classes will take place immediately after school (start time will be determined by instructor). Students currently attending school on campus five days a week will need to attend the sessions in person and must arrange for transportation home after each session. Anyone attending school as a distance learning student will be expected to log in at the scheduled time.
Q: What do students need to do to earn credit for a first semester course they did not pass?
- Students must attend all six hours of instructional sessions (either in person or remotely) and earn at least a 60% on the exam at the end of the class.
Q: Can a student take more than one class?
- Students may take more than one Live Instruction After-School Credit Recovery class depending upon the day and time the classes are offered.
Q: What is the cost associated with Live Instruction After-School Credit Recovery?
- Live Instruction After-School Credit Recovery is free of cost.
Q: What if the student is already taking credit recovery through Odysseyware?
- Students should continue working in Odysseyware to complete their credit recovery by May 24, 2021.
Q: How do I enroll in Live Instruction After-School Credit Recovery classes?